Indoor Air Quality
- Maintenance Plan
Duct Repair and Replacement in Plano, TX
Education is a platform for our business here at Aire Texas Residential Services, Inc
This means not only do we help our employees grow in their careers with ongoing training, but we ensure their knowledge extends to our customers—when our Diagnostic Engineers or Installation Specialists come to your home for service, they look at the whole home. We’ll tell you how your current systems are serving you and what products or services can benefit your home comfort further.
This often includes making repairs to, or even replacing, damaged ductwork. Breached ductwork can be the difference between effective heating and cooling and costly HVAC use.
Contact our Plano, TX technicians today for your duct repair and replacement services. We believe in doing it right the first time every time!
What Causes Ductwork Damage?
There are a variety of situations that can lead to ductwork damage, and the result can be different depending on the type of ducts—with cloth and metal flex ductwork becoming a popular alternative to traditional sheet metal ductwork.
- Sheet metal ductwork can suffer from gaps and improperly joined ducts from poor installation, or even natural wear and tear after years of use.
- Flex ductwork can tear or accumulate pinhole leaks due to excessive heat in areas where they’re installed, such as your attic. They’re also subject to any vermin or critters that could potentially get into your attic.
No matter the cause, duct repair or replacement may be necessary depending on how severe the damage is. Otherwise, you could be losing up to 30% of the conditioned air you’re paying for into unused portions of your living space.
Signs You Have Damaged Ducts
If you suspect your ductwork has been breached and that you may need duct repair or even duct replacement, the best place to start is professional duct testing. This is where our Plano, TX Diagnostic Engineers use special equipment to pressurize the air within your ducts and access data that tells us if you’re losing any air.
How do you know if you need this service?
- Increased allergy and illness symptoms – Sneezing, coughing, and even dry and itchy eyes can be the result of poor indoor air quality, brought on by leaky ductwork introducing allergens into your living space.
- Uneven temperatures – The heated and cooled air you’re paying for might never make it to certain vents if your ducts are damaged and leaking air.
- Higher heating and cooling bills – Are your energy bills higher than they were this time last year? This is a symptom of many potential HVAC problems, with damaged ducts being no exception.
- Drop in airflow – Take note of the airflow coming from your room vents. If any of them seem sluggish, it may be the fault of poor ductwork integrity.
Contact Us for Thorough Duct Repair and Replacement
At Aire Texas Residential Services, Inc, we provide our customers with a number of products and services that can dramatically improve their indoor air quality, and more importantly can improve the efficiency of their heating and cooling systems. Duct repair and replacement from our licensed and trained technicians—we do not subcontract our work out—is a very important part of this. Contact us today to learn more!