- Free Services
- Freon Phase-out
- Repair Vs. Replace
- Air Conditioning Installation and Replacement
- Air Conditioning Maintenance and Repair
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Central Air Conditioners
- Ductless Systems
- Dual Fuel Systems
- Duct Testing and Sealing
- Duct Repair and Replacement
- Heat Pumps
- Wifi / Smart Thermostats
Indoor Air Quality
- Maintenance Plan
Repair vs. Replace in Plano, TX
Should you repair or replace your HVAC system? Our Plano and Dallas, TX heating and air conditioning specialists are here to answer just that.
When you’re faced with an equipment malfunction or problem, it’s important to weigh your options. Replacing a system is expensive, but will help you avoid more costly breakdowns in the future. Repairing a system can keep it running longer, but how efficiently will it operate?
Contact Aire Texas Residential Services, Inc to help make an educated decision about the next best step with your HVAC equipment.
How Old Is Your HVAC System?
Repair can help you get several more years of service out of a brand new system. Aging air conditioners and heaters will experience more and more breakdowns, which will only add up in costs that could have otherwise gone toward replacement.
The average lifespan of an air conditioner is 15-20 years old. Anything older than that should automatically be considered for replacement, but there are exceptions.
If your system is:
- Only 5 years old and the cost of your next repair is greater than $1,300.00 then replacement may be the right choice despite its age.
- 16 years old and your next repair is going to cost no more than $200.00, then a repair may be all you need for now.
- Old enough that it’s still operating on Freon/R-22 refrigerant, replacement may be your best option. Freon is being completely phased out by January 1, 2020 and recycled product is increasingly rare to come by.
- Not performing nearly as efficiently as it once did, and is costing you significantly more to run from month-to-month despite frequent repairs, then replacement will be the most economically sound choice.
Please allow our Diagnostic Engineers to take a look at your specific HVAC system and home to help you make an informed decision on whether replacement or repair is the next best move for you. We pride ourselves on keeping our customers educated and want you to know all your options. Contact us today!