Indoor Air Quality
Commercial Indoor Air Quality in Plano, TX
While it is partly dependent on the type of commercial building you own or business you manage, the indoor air quality within your commercial space can actually be worse than that of outdoors—particularly in North Central Texas.
This is because of the level of allergens and pollutants in the air throughout Plano, TX and beyond, which get trapped within the building due to tight construction practices designed to improve HVAC efficiency.
At Aire Texas Residential Services, Inc, we take air quality seriously. You can rest assured that our in-house trained employees, when coming to your business to assess your indoor air quality, will take a birds-eye-view approach. We look at not only how your current HVAC and air quality systems are serving your commercial space now, but how new products can further enhance the comfort and health of your space.
Our motto is “Doing it right the first time every time!” Contact us to start improving the air quality inside your commercial building.
Commercial Indoor Air Quality Threats
Temperature is not a good indicator of how healthy your commercial indoor air quality is. There are a number of other factors that play a role, such as:
- Humidity – The ideal relative humidity level inside a Plano, TX commercial space is between 30%-50%. Excessive moisture leads to things like wood rot and property damage. Too little humidity is just as bad, leading to susceptibility for illnesses, dried out wood flooring and fixtures, and bacteria growth.
- Ventilation – As we stated above, today’s building are constructed in such a way to improve HVAC efficiency. That is, they’re built to be airtight. While this certainly does help efficiency, it does nothing for the ventilation of your commercial space.
- Cleanliness – The right combination of indoor air quality solutions will help keep your commercial space or business free of dust, dirt, allergens, and VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds)—the latter of which is quite common in commercial buildings that involve any type of manufacturing or distribution.
Comprehensive Commercial Air Quality Solutions
VOC’s, mold spores, dust, dirt, and other allergens are all potential contaminants that can be infiltrating your indoor air. The products and services that can best combat this include:
- Air Duct Cleaning – You may be surprised to find just how much dust and dirt can build up within commercial ductwork, which restricts airflow and exposes your building’s interior to many contaminants.
- Air Filtration and Purification – From electronic air cleaners to UV air purifiers, there are a number of air filtration and air purifier systems that can help ensure the air your building’s occupants are breathing is healthy and safe.
- Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers – The ideal relative humidity in any given space is between 30% - 50%. Anything beyond this range needs a solution for humidity balancing.
- Heat and Energy Recovery Ventilators – These systems allow you to eliminate the feeling of stale air within your commercial space, without opening windows and doors during a stifling hot or chilly day. Using an HRV or ERV system is a much more energy efficient option—helping both your HVAC systems and your bottom line.
Contact us today to learn more about your commercial indoor air quality options!