- Free Services
- Freon Phase-out
- Repair Vs. Replace
- Air Conditioning Installation and Replacement
- Air Conditioning Maintenance and Repair
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Central Air Conditioners
- Ductless Systems
- Dual Fuel Systems
- Duct Testing and Sealing
- Duct Repair and Replacement
- Heat Pumps
- Wifi / Smart Thermostats
Indoor Air Quality
- Maintenance Plan
Insulation in Plano, TX
How well is your home insulated? Did you know this plays an important role in not only wintertime, but summer as well?
Insulation prevents heat transfer—that is, it prevents heat from getting out of your home in the winter, and keeps it out during the summer. This helps your HVAC systems work as efficiently as possible, and improves your overall home performance and energy efficiency.
At Aire Texas Residential Services, Inc, education is our platform. When our Diagnostic Engineers or Installation specialists come to your North Central Texas home, we look at the building as a whole, to determine how your current systems are serving you, and what products or services will further enhance your comfort. Insulation is a vital part of all this!
To learn more about insulation and its proper installation, contact our team today. We believe in “doing it right the first time every time!”
Which Insulation Is Best for Your Home?
That’s right, insulation is not one-size-fits all. Your attic insulation may differ from what’s within your drywall, for adequate prevention of heat transfer, and to reduce the amount of energy you need to heat and cool your Plano, TX area home.
- Cellulose – This is made primarily from shredded and treated recycles paper. It’s commonly used as attic insulation and for retrofit projects due to it resistance to moisture, insects, rodents, and even fire.
- Loose Fiberglass Fill – This is considered an alternative to cellulose, as it is easier to be applied evenly. If your current insulation was improperly installed, then fiberglass fill will help even it all out for maximum efficiency.
- Blown-In Insulation – This can be made from fiberglass or from environmentally-friendly cellulose. Its best purpose is to provide insulations to oddly-shaped areas and corners where traditional fiberglass batts used in many older homes may not reach.
Remember, the installation of insulation should always be done by a pro—we can help determine how your insulation is impacting your property’s thermal envelope—that is its ability to prevent heat transfer.
The Importance of Adequate Attic Insulation
Your attic is the most important place to have adequate insulation. This is because attics collect heat—in fact during the hottest of summer days the temperatures from radiant energy on the roof can get up to 130°F.
Effective insulation, however, keeps that heat from transferring into the rest of your home and making your air conditioner work harder than it should have to. On the contrary, in the wintertime the heat from your heating system can quickly rise out through the attic—unless you have the appropriate insulation barrier there to slow it down.
Do You Need Better Home Insulation?
Contact Aire Texas Residential Services, Inc to discuss your home energy efficiency and insulation needs if you notice any of the following signs of an energy deficit:
- Uneven heating or cooling in the home, otherwise known as hot or cold spots.
- Trouble effectively getting your heater or AC to the desired temperature on your thermostat.
- Known damage to your current insulation, such as exposure to moisture, bugs, or rodents.
For your insulation and home performance needs, trust Aire Texas Residential Services, Inc for the job!